Thursday, January 1, 2009

In The Year of Our Lord 2009

Happy New Year! It is a cold start to a new year here in Fairview, AB CANADA. It has been -22C to -35C for almost three weeks. There is about 30" of snow covering most everything and the sun does not come up until 9:15am and goes down around 4:15pm. But in just 12 more "sleeps" we will be heading to MAUI and enjoying some warm days and nights. It will definitely be an escape for 10 days. Seeing the Grabers will be a big part of the FUN of the trip as we will be staying together. We hope to see some other friends while we are on the island as well.

Ray and I just talked to Riley COLE Shannon who turned 9 today. If you remember he was a millennium baby! Do you remember Y2K? Those were some crazy days and into that precious Cole was born. He had a party last night and Heather was just telling me what 6 boys could eat...

I am changing blogsites as the last one is just not working. I just finished writing for about 30 minutes, saved the draft and posted it and it is in cyberspace. That makes me more than sad!! I hope that this site will work better and let us express our thoughts on our life here in Canada.

This was our 3rd Christmas and I was so sick for the last 8 or 9 days. Christmas day was the ONLY day I felt human (that was a good day to feel good). We went to eat dinner at a friends home and enjoyed their out of town family as well. We had a wonderful meal and I came home and went back to bed. I am eagerly awaiting pictures of our family in Texas that were mailed BUT alas Canada Post and the customs seem to really SLOW THINGS DOWN.

Ray has led 3 men to a saving faith in the Lord Jesus in the last few weeks and we are so thankful to be a part of what God is doing. I just sit back and pray and watch Ray and our Lord do the rest. God is so good.

I am still teaching the 3-4 year olds in Sunday School and they are just the cutest kids. I love them so much. They were so cute in our Christmas program on the 21st. They sang the cutest song about "Baby Jesus". They spelled out MERRY CHRISTMAS too and that was just a riot.

Ray is still working with the 20 Something in Sunday School and we are about to begin our Sunday evening Bible study with them. Our ladies just finished their Tuesday night and Wednesday morning studies on the life of the Apostle Paul....loved it!! I am now reading through Romans (one of the books Paul had not visited prior to writing to them). It is a great read! I am also reading "Don't Waste Your Life" by John Piper - AWESOME BOOK. See if you read our blog you get a book review too!!!

I am going to try to post this and see if it works (in which case I will be most happy). So love to you dear family and friends.... Hope

No comments:

Post a Comment